Columbia University Manhattanville Development Project
In 2012, Columbia University launched a 25-year plan to transform a 13-acre site in Upper Manhattan into dynamic academic and scientific research campus centered in west Harlem. Through its multi-billion-dollar Manhattanville Development Project, the University has structured a wide range of offerings to the local community including economic, educational and cultural programs as well as financial resources for local residents, businesses and institutions.
CJAM Consulting, as subcontractor to Landair, Inc. serves on behalf of the landowner Empire State Development, provides compliance monitoring and reporting services for two key initiatives:
1) educational, employment, health, cultural and recreational benefits for community residents.
2) review of Columbia University’s and its contractors’ efforts to employ a diverse and representative workforce
· Survey of Columbia University (CU)’s partnerships and local programs
· Review and summary of CU’s reporting on equitable and accessible community-centered services
· Review and analysis of project’s Minority/Women/Local Workforce construction reporting